Welcome back and Happy New Year!
As we start the new year, it’s important to reflect on the year that was both from a personal and a business perspective. In our lives, we look back on the past year and reflect on our learnings, making important decisions about how we want the year ahead to pan out. So too in business; it’s important to review the year that was, analyse the learnings and adjust our goals and objectives, strategising on the best way forward.
Now is a perfect time to review the first 6 months of the financial year, consider what worked well and what we could do better, then put strategies in place to ensure the second half of the year is better than the first. To do this you need accurate, meaningful and up to date records, which Advivo’s Bookkeeping and Payroll service can help you achieve. With clean data and effective reporting, we can help you define new goals and strategies to improve your performance for the second half of the financial year and incorporate those objectives into forecasts that can be monitored on a monthly basis.
There are a lot of mixed signals in the economy for the year ahead, which will be compounded by a federal election, so keeping your finger on the pulse is essential.
We know legislative changes and compliance can be a challenging subject, but we constantly get asked for information and assistance in this area. Accordingly, we have decided to address these issues at our February event, however, we will not be having the same old, seminar-style presentation that doesn’t appeal to everyone. Rather, we have come up with the “speed dating concept” as a way of showcasing a range of experts to be available on the night to answer your questions one on one. Register Here to secure your place today!
Blogs & Articles
Free Mid-Year Business Scorecard!
January is the time to take a step back and reflect on the financial year to date. To help make things easier, we have put together a mid-year business scorecard to help business owners ascertain where they are in their business journey.
New Year, New Payroll
Over the past few months we have been sharing all the latest legislative changes that effect payroll, especially Single Touch Payroll, but there are others!
Click here to find the latest updates on Single Touch Payroll, Minimum Wages and Superannuation Contributions Cap.
Your Team Are Your Greatest Asset
At Advivo, we believe in the importance of taking care of employees and providing regular training and opportunities for growth. The outcome is happier employees who are well trained and equipped with the necessary tools for high level job performance. Read more
Advivo Innovation Commercialisation Partners Update
How Local Mid-Tier Companies Are Going Global
Today’s global economy is providing small, mid-tier companies with the opportunity to become global players like never before. Once the CEO’s of these smaller firms are able to identify where their opportunity exists, the path to globalisation can become a reality.
Continue reading to find out some simple steps you could take to identify opportunities in your company.
Advivo in the Community – Monthly Charity Contribution
December’s Charity of the Month!
Winner: The Rural Fire Brigades Association of Queensland (RFBAQ)
The Rural Fire Brigades Association of Queensland (RFBAQ) is a Charity and it includes more than 1,400 volunteer brigades, and more than 36,000 volunteers (both firefighters and support members). They are recognised as the peak body supporting and representing Queensland’s Rural Fire Brigade volunteers.
Don’t worry, those who didn’t receive the winning votes will have their votes carried over next time their name is drawn.
Please click here to vote on this month’s recipient of our contribution.
Advivo Staff Christmas Party
The staff took part in a Laser Force Battle for their Christmas Party last month. Everyone worked hard in their delegated teams, with the Blue Team being victorious on this occasion.
Key Events / Dates:
- 15 January – Lodge tax return for taxable large/medium entities as per the latest year lodged (all entities other than individuals), unless required earlier.
- 15 January – Payment for large/medium entities with a 15 January due date is:
- 1 December 2018 – for companies and super funds
- For trusts – as stated on their notice of assessment.
- 15 January – Lodge tax return for the taxable head company of a consolidated group (including a new registrant) that has a member who has been deemed a large/medium entity in the latest year lodged, unless the return was required earlier. Payment was due 1 December 2018.
- 21 January – Lodge and pay quarter 2, 2018–19 PAYG instalment activity statement for head companies of consolidated groups.
- 21 January – Lodge and pay December 2018 monthly business activity statement except for business clients with up to $10 million turnover who report GST monthly and lodge electronically.
- 26 January – Australia Day
- 28 January – Public Holiday for Australia Day.
- 28 January – Make quarter 2, 2018–19 super guarantee contributions to funds by this date.
- 31 January – Lodge TFN report for closely held trusts if any beneficiary quoted their TFN to a trustee in quarter 2, 2018–19.