What is available and to whom?
The Government has introduced measures available for businesses experiencing financial difficulty as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. These include:
- Reversing any penalties and interest on tax liabilities that have been charged on or after 23 January 2020
- Payment deferrals of up to 6 months for fringe benefits tax assessments, income tax assessments, business activity statements and excise
- Quarterly tax instalment payers can vary their PAYG instalments on their activity statement for the March 2020 quarter. For further information please click here.
- To receive any GST refunds quicker, the option to change from monthly to quarterly GST reporting.
- Availability of low interest payment plans for any ATO debts.
- IMPORTANT – there is no deferral for superannuation guarantee payments. Therefore employers should ensure they are meeting their superannuation guarantee obligations for their employees. Please click here for more information on why this is the case.
How do I get it?
You can either contact the ATO directly (be sure to make a coffee first and be prepared to wait on hold) or we can liaise with the ATO on your behalf. Please contact us if you would like to discuss your unique situation.