Recently two of our staff members, Anita Bellingham and Ben Wright attended a three day Dale Carnegie ‘Immersion Course’. Dale Carnegie specialises in the provision of professional and personal development training to individuals and teams to develop their interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
We at Advivo believe that communication is one the most important aspects within our business and workplace. Good, effective communication between our staff and especially with our clients leads to better outcomes for all involved.
With this in mind our Partners are happy to invest in the personal and professional development of our staff members as we believe such investment improves our staff and client experience.
Accountants are generally not considered great communicators, being more focused on the detail and technical rather than ensuring the clear and understandable conveying of information.
Through a combination of theoretical and practical sessions Anita and Ben were mentored in techniques to:
- Communicate more effectively – getting ideas across quickly and concisely and doing so in a way to eliminate misunderstandings.
- Present themselves at their best – to become at ease with speaking in a group situation and thinking ‘on your feet’.
- Enhance their memory – remembering names, faces, facts, and ideas and doing so in an ever changing environment.
- Become a better conversationalist – start and carry on interesting discussion and engage people in the workplace and social events.
- Control worry and reduce tension – plan and improve organisational techniques and leaving the job at the office.
Anita and Ben’s feedback from the course was both positive and illuminating. They both plan to implement the lessons and skills they have acquired both in our workplace, with fellow staff members and with their clients.